應用英文-老外安慰親友的一些說法

應用英文-老外安慰親友的一些說法

(2)生病不舒服:

親友生病,通常只是口頭上的簡單慰問或寄張get-well的慰問卡,表示關心。雖然卡片上印有慰問字句,但能親筆寫上幾個字,更能顯得親切。

(a) 一般開頭語:

例如:

I am sorry to hear about your illness.

I am sorry to know that you are not feeling well.

(聽到你不舒服,我覺得難過。)

What a shame that you have been under the weather.

(真遺憾,你生病了。)

(under the weather 是生病,不舒服)

We are all distressed to hear of your illness.

(知道你生病,我們都很牽掛。)

I learned only today of your illness and hasten to send you this care (note).

(我今天才知道你生病了,所以趕快寄這張卡片給你。)

Word has it that your husband has been under the weather.

(我聽說你先生不舒服。)

(Word has it = I have heard, word 當集合名詞,故用單數)

I am sorry to know that you have been hospitalized.

(得知你住院的消息,我覺得難過。)

Your wife has just informed me of your illness and that you’ll be forced to stay in the hospital for a few days.

(你夫人告訴我你生病了,而且要住院幾天。)

(b) 一般關心祝福語:

例如:

I hope you will feel better.

(我希望你健康起來。)

Please get better soon and stay well for keeps.

(請趕快好起來,並且一直保持健康。)

(for keeps = always)

Here is wishing that you will be on your feet soon.

(盼望你儘快康復。)

(Here in wishing that = I wish that ; to be on one’s feet =to get well)

Hurry up and get well! We are very concerned about you.

(趕快好起來,我們很關心你。)

Cheer up! I just can’t have you feeling below par.

(提起精神來,我真不要你生病。)

(to feel below par,不舒服,在健康水平之下)

We just want to let you know how concerned we are.

(我們要你知道,我們是多麼關心你。)

Best wishes for your speedy recovery.

(祝福你盡速康復。)

I hope you will be back to your old self soon.

(我希望你很快康復。)

(to be (back) to one’s old self = to be back on one’s feet = to get well = to be healthy)

You have all my best wishes for a full recovery.

(我致上最佳的祝福,願你完全復元。)

All of us are hoping for your quick return to health.

(我們都希望你很快地康復起來。)

We are thinking of you and hoping you will be back on your feet in no time.

(我們都惦念你,希望你盡速康復。)

(in no time = quickly)

You are very much on my mind and in my heart these days.

(這些日子,我都在惦念你,牽掛你。)

My wife and I want you to know that you are in our thoughts and in our prayers.

(內人和我要你知道,我們都在牽掛你,也為你祈禱祝福。)

I wish you a speedier than speedy recovery. Just concentrate on getting well and don’t worry about a thing.

(願你盡早康復,把精神集中在康復上,不必為任何事苦惱。)

We hope there is nothing to keep you from us very long.

(我們希望沒有什麼事能讓我們分開太久。)

Keep your spirits up! I hope your convalescence progress quickly.

(保持你的高昂情緒!希望你很快康復。)

(to keep one’s spirits up 是提起精神,振作起來;convalescence 康復期)

We are rooting for you to get better very soon.

(我們為你加油,願你快速康復。)

I hope by the time you receive this message you will be feeling much better.

(我希望你收到這個信息時,已經好多了。)

With all your pep and energy, I can’t imagine you are laid low by the flu for so long.

(像你這樣精力充沛的人,我很難想像你竟然得流感而臥病這麼久。)

(pep 精力、活力;to be laid low = to be sick)

I am glad to know that you will not be laid up (for) too long.

(我很高興知道你臥病在床不會太久。)

(to be laid up = to be laid low,都是指生病休養,多半用被動語態)

I hope you are in good hands and will soon be back in good health.

(我希望你能得到良好的照顧,早日康復。)

(to be in good hands 取得良好的照料)

I am relieved to know that your surgery went well and you will regain your health before very long.

(知道你手術順利,不久將會康復,我感到寬慰。)

You are too nice a person to be out of circulation.

(你是位大好人,不能沒有社交活動。)

應用英文-老外安慰親友的一些說法_img_1

http://www.worldjournal.com/weekly93_disp.php?nt_seq_id=1799609

圖解媽媽百科

特別企劃

滿足媽媽心願「讓我躺平放空」一覺到天亮,德國Emma床墊KO媽媽睡眠3大困擾
滿足媽媽心願「讓我躺平放空」一覺到天亮,德國Emma床墊KO媽媽睡眠3大困擾

滿足媽媽心願「讓我躺平放空」一覺到天亮,德國Emma床墊KO媽媽睡眠3大困擾

媽咪最愛的養身補體神器,桂格滴雞精試用滿意度100%
媽咪最愛的養身補體神器,桂格滴雞精試用滿意度100%

媽咪最愛的養身補體神器,桂格滴雞精試用滿意度100%

精選專題

more >
親子共玩好點子 玩樂童年起步走
親子共玩好點子 玩樂童年起步走

親子共玩好點子 玩樂童年起步走